Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dresses, pantaloons and headbands.....oh my!

As I mentioned before, I am spending a week visiting my family while husband is gone on a business trip. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy being around them. My mom and I spent part of the day yesterday at the fabric store buying all kinds of fun ribbon and material to make Pumpkin some headbands. Headbands: the perfect accessory for that no hair baby in your life. After the checker at Walmart asked if Pumpkin was a girl or a boy (mind you my child was dressed in a pink and peach striped shirt, bright pink capris, bright pink crocs and sitting in a bright pink shopping cart cover with yellow and pink flowers on it) I decided it was time to get serious about some headbands. Lucky for me my mother is a Jack Jill of all trades and can do a little bit of pretty much everthing. They are gonna be soooo cute. Now for a way to keep the kid from pulling them off.

My mom also spent the end of last week making 2 DARLING dresses with matching pantaloons for Pumpkin to wear to church. I can hardly wait to put her in them and now that we've finished up those two projects I'm racking my brain trying to think what else I can use my mom's talents for before I leave. Too bad I didn't bring any pictures with me; she does a mean scrapbook page!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby sounds cute in all her pink array and shame on the clerk not to notice...but then she was probably just making small talk and wasn't looking at the color of Pumpkin's clothing... :)

SweetAbbs said...

Yeah I guessed that. It mostly makes me laugh. Granted she has no hair, or not much at least!

MariePhotographie said...

Cute blog, Abs! It's funny, I do the same thing when my mom comes...I think of a long list of the things I want her to sew, cook, crochet while she's here.

And Pumpkin's case of baldness can't be worse than me being bald until I was two!