Monday, July 28, 2008

The boogeyman likes to crouch

So hubs has been out of town since last Wednesday and anyone who knows me knows that I have quite the imagination when it comes to people breaking in/boobytrapping/robbing my home. This time I've done pretty well though I must say. The first night, my dear friend Tracey had me sleep over at her house just to avoid any possible 2 a.m. phone calls to have her husband come check my yard for the boogeyman. The next 3 nights I was fine. Last night I was on the phone with my sister when I heard a funny noise upstairs. I'm sure it was nothing but I couldn't help think about something a friend of mine said the last time we were discussing being home alone. She said something like this "The thing I'd be afraid of in your house is that someone would sneak in through the garage into the attic and then hide in the closet of that room that goes to the attic and just crouch down there until you go to bed." Yeah she said that to her "pee my pants over horror movie previews" friend. Now granted, she wasn't trying to scare me, she actually told me so that I could put a chair in front of that door or something to feel safer but I, being the scaredy-cat I am, take anything remotely scary and run with it. So last night, I was sure that the noise I heard must have been the crouching boogeyman switching positions (I don't know about you but my legs start to fall asleep when I crouch). So my dear old Tracey came to the rescue once again and knocked on my door at midnight (after a paranoid call from me) to sleep in one of my extra bedrooms (not the one w/ the closet made for crouching). I'm not sure why having her here makes me feel safer. I guess I figure that one of us could disctract Senor Boogeyman while the other one hit him over the head with a saucepan. Although maybe we should go for the knees seeing as they would be weak from all that crouching!

3 comments:

TL said...

You, my dear, crack me up! I swear that same crouching boogyman comes to my house when hun isn't home as well! I don't know how he knows hun is gone but he always does. He must fall asleep though with all the crouching because so far I've always been fine the next morning and when I look (since things aren't as scary in the morning) crouching boogyman is always gone. Wish I lived closer I'd come rescue you!

Anonymous said...

This is so me! My boyfriend just went out of town for three days and I made my best friend come spend the night with me. The thing is, my boyfriend doesn't even live with me, so it's not like this is different that any other time. I guess I just feel more secure knowing he is at least in the city!

SweetAbbs said...

Oh my gosh! That's awesome that he doesn't even live there and it freaks you out. We are two peas in a pod!!! Glad you have a good best friend to sleep over.