Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Laundry Chronicles - Edition 1

This morning hubs came out and said “now is hemming pants one you do?” I am not the accomplished seamstress that some of you may imagine, despite the kick-butt headbands I churn out for the hairless Pumpkin. Due to this fact, I have let my husband know what things I DO sew (or attempt at least) and the things I DON’T sew (button holes for example). Remarkably for him (considering the don’t list is about 4x as long as the do) I will attempt a hem here and there but I couldn’t help but think, “why in the world do you need pants hemmed this morning?” and I said as much, to which he responded “because I don’t have any clean pants to wear to work and I can’t wear these unless they’re hemmed.” Hmmmmmm…….I knew there was a reason I was going to put that load of laundry in yesterday instead of sitting down at my computer to……….blog! (I wonder what task I’m not getting done at this very moment due to writing this post; it’s probably not that important!) Did I mention I really hate laundry? Luckily there was a pair of his work pants sitting atop the laundry basket completely slightly hardly mixed with the REALLY dirty stuff at all) and they were mostly just wadded up in a ball wrinkled. So into the dryer they went after having been spritzed with the slightest amount (the whole bottle) of water. Needless to say, I think hubs left the house a little perturbed but I thought he looked ravishing! (I have a thing for men in soiled duds). Well gotta run, it’s time to switch the laundry!!!

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay this cracks me up since I know you so well and well let's face it I've done the same thing in my life! :) and let's face another fact while we are at it I really should get my butt of the computer and down to the washer to get a load started today. I laughed until I read your next post about MW. I tried to call mini sis yesterday several times but didn't ever get a hold of her so this was how I found out he'd actually lost his job. I feel so bad and wish my hubs business was going better because you know in a heart beat he'd hire him not even looking back and how fun would that be to have Tam close by. I mean seriously. Oh I feel awful for them, hubs is facing similar but even without the education he at least has the experience and I have education so I could get a job if needed. I can't even imagine their stress. K I have to go call mini sis now!