Monday, November 3, 2008

Family Moment Monday

The other day I was thinking about how rare it is that hubs and I together actually sit down and play with Pumpkin together. Usually it is him or I because one of us is entertaining her while the other one showers/gets ready/completes some task/gets food ready etc. But we always try to carve out some time every Monday night after hubs gets home from work that we designate specifically to spending time just the three of us. Usually it's about an hour and consists of singing a few songs and a few rounds of Ring Around the Rosies or Patty Cake. It's cute to see how excited Pumpkin gets when she realizes that we are both participating and one of us isn't running off to get something done. As she gets older we will be able to teach her things, play other games and even use it as time to discuss family activities/issues. I think the most important part now is to get ourselves into the habit of making time that is real, solid, "put everything else on the back burner for a minute", family together time!

For other ideas to use for family time, go to Motherhood for Dummies and check out Family Moment Monday.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

that is so good. My husband adn I will try to do that once in a while. Thanks for the reminder cause we really need to do it more :)

MariePhotographie said...

Yay! I'm soo glad your back. I've been checking all the time! :) I wish you lived closer. I want you in my writing group! If you want, I could send you the writing prompts I send the other gals in my group every day. Let me know. :)