Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Work of Art Wednesday

I didn't mean for these Wednesday posts to be the only ones that I do but it seems that life has gotten the best of me the past week. Anyway, as previously mentioned, these "works of art" are not always going to be some elaborate craft project. This week, in fact, it is these delicious cinnamon rolls made using a white cake mix (and a few other ingredients). I've been making cinnamon rolls for quite a few years now but have not found a recipe that I love. The dough is either too dry, or not sweet enough or a slew of other things. These ones are pretty incredible. The dough is just a little sweet because of the cake mix and pretty moist as well. Nuke them in the microwave for a few seconds and they are pretty fantastic the next day also. You can find the recipe here. I didn't do the thing she calls for at the end where you dip the rolls in butter and then sugar. I just can't imagine loving unfrosted cinnamon rolls. So I topped mine with some cream cheese icing (powdered sugar, milk, cream cheese, vanilla) and they turned out so yum.

So next time your sweet tooth is calling (which is daily for me), give these a try! Feel free to link in the comments to any of your own current "works of art" for the week. By the way, sorry the picture makes it look like a cake. I had frosted them before I thought to snap a photo.

2 comments:

cate said...

yummy, I'm making those this weekend.

Lynn said...

yum, they look so good! I want to try them but will have to wait since I just used up all my calories for the year last week on vacation. ha ha
I'd link to something but I have no clue how to link in a comment. Have fun on your trip!