Thursday, January 29, 2009

Work of Art Wednesday (or Thursday)

So I've recently discovered that one of the things that keeps me out of my ruts and keeps me being nice is having a current project going. It's something about that creative spirit that flows through you when you're making something with your hands. Anyway, so I've decided to start doing what I'm gonna call "Work of Art Wednesday" where I weekly post some pictures of my current favorite project. I'm sure that some weeks the thing that I make might be my bed (if I'm lucky) but the idea is that having to post about it every week will keep me motivated to come up with new projects which will keep me "rut-free." Feel free to add a link in the comments to your own "work of art" post on your blog. Here's to the creative spirit! And here's the first installation even though today is Thursday.

So I'm really into making baby booties right now. I have a friend who just had the most adorable little thing and I decided to try to find her an outfit that went with some of the booties that I have already made but I didn't have any luck. So instead I bought her this outfit that I liked and then used this template I love by Heather Bailey and added ribbon and buttons to make them match the outfit. (they are stuffed with tissue paper) I made a few pairs of these the past month when I was visiting my mom. I found that the hardest part was trying to figure out what color I wanted them and all the embellishments. This way was a lot easier because I already knew the colors I needed and I had limited embellishments that matched. I also made the headband. Hopefully my friend isn't reading this or the package that's about to show up on her doorstep will be a little anti-climactic!

1 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

AMAZING!! Holy cow, wow. I wish you could teach me...sigh.