Friday, August 15, 2008

Hmmmm.....

While I was visiting my parents, I had my grandmother help me make a quilt. This is her pin cushion. Having grown up during the great depression she is a big follower of the saying "waste not, want not" and when she pulled out this, it made me smile. I'm not sure you can tell by the picture, but all of the pins in there came to her with another purpose. She didn't buy any of them. The small silver ones are all the kind that come on new men's button-up shirts. The ones with the big tops all came off of corsages she wore for a wedding/mother's day/etc. Having just purchased several new work shirts for hubs' recent world travel, I realized the thought never even ocurred to me to save those pins for another purpose. I tossed them in the garbage. Seems everytime I'm with her, I'm reminded how much I can learn from her.

1 comments:

Nancy said...

i like this blog. you appear to actually update it. hurray!