Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Moment Monday - September 1

The other day I had a friends child over while she ran some errands. He saw me working on my projects and kept telling me he needed to do a project. So I got out some crayons and paper for him. In an attempt to keep his paper from moving and keep him from coloring on my table, I ended up taping several sheets of paper to the table surface. This made me think of a fun activity you could do to make dinner time a little more fun one day this week. If you've ever eaten at Macaroni Grill you may have an idea of where I'm going with this. I think it might be very fun one night before setting your table to cover your table with paper and tape it down. Then along w/ the casserole and salad that you dish out on everyone's plate, add a couple crayons to it. Then as you talk over the meal, you can encourage everyone to draw some things that happened to them that day and you could give each person a turn to tell you about their picture, and thus about their day. It may be worthwhile to remind the children that we only draw our day on the table when it's covered in paper!

For more things to do to spend quality time with your family, go check out Family Moment Monday at Motherhood for Dummies.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That's a creative idea! I know my 2 y/o would love it!

Rosemary said...

Good idea. I have one child in particular who would really love this.

Melissa said...

oh I love that! I love how they have the paper thing at Macaroni Grill.