Saturday, August 30, 2008

I miss my baby!

Pumpkin is having her first sleep over. I'm taking it better worse differently than I expected. Her Mi-Ma hasn't seen her for awhile so I decided to let her take her for two days while I got some much needed stuff done at home. (Dear hubs is out of town on business yet again) I met my mother-in-law halfway, transferred Pumpkin and all of her stuff and then cried half the way home. It's the first time I"ve been away from her overnight, ever. And while it was fun to go to a movie with a friend last night and I"m almost giddy at all the projects I'll be able to get done around my house today, I'll be overjoyed to go pick her up.

But I'm happy about the perspective it's giving me. With dear hubs being gone so much, I get a little overwhelmed by her sometimes and yet he is on the other end of that and gets very sad b/c he misses out on so much with Pumpkin. I try to let him talk to her on the phone (a little difficult since most the talking she does these days is still sign language) everyday and keep him posted with what she's doing. But last night when I called my mother-in-law and asked if I could talk to Pumpkin and she just sat on the other end of the phone and made occasional squeaks while she played, I realized how insufficient that is. It did absolutely nothing to make me miss her any less. So already this experience it turning out to make me ever more appreciative of the sacrifices dear hubs makes to provide for our family. Oh how blessed I am!

0 comments: